A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

now what

  • Angel557
  • Angel557's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Feb 08 #15371 by Angel557
Topic started by Angel557
Just recieved papers from court , regarding going bankrupt, huge essay .

Part 8 What are my duties as a Bankrupt?

. Stop using your bank and building society accounts, credit cards and similar accounts sraight away.

I have stopped using credit cards am very worried about my bank accounts as this is where my rent comes out of , so with out this me and the kids once again are going to be homeless.

If you do not co-operate with your trustee in bankrupty, you could be arrested.

Wtf he can get away with all that he has done but i now fear this.holloway here i come.

  • mahua
  • mahua's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
29 Feb 08 #15372 by mahua
Reply from mahua
Sorry to hear about the bankruptcy , is this what it comes down to in the end ?

  • Angel557
  • Angel557's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Feb 08 #15375 by Angel557
Reply from Angel557
Only if you have a cruel controlling ex like mine.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

  • mike62
  • mike62's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Feb 08 #15376 by mike62
Reply from mike62
You are permitted to have a bank account, just have to tell bank what is happening. Some banks offer limited facilities - Account with Cashpoint card and Solo. Unless money in account, can't use card. No overdraft facility.

It is an awful position to be in. It doesn't last forever, but hot on the heels of court, it must be crushing.

Hopefully the last mountain to scale Angel, and onto a better life for you and the kids. On your terms.

Be strong, because I know you are. Take care


  • Angel557
  • Angel557's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Feb 08 #15379 by Angel557
Reply from Angel557
This don't make sense

what will happen in court
If the court thinks an IVA would be appropriate.This will only be possible if your assests are more than £4,000 he claimed on his form E he had no assests other than some golf clubs worth £600 something ain't right.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.