A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

form e

  • positivesurvivor
  • positivesurvivor's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
15 Mar 08 #16897 by positivesurvivor
Topic started by positivesurvivor

slightly confused, please help. When completing form E i have been told that i need to include any inheritance that has been received. i recieved 25k few months back from late father, i may add it was received after seperation and after decree nici had been obtained. this money has all gone by clearing debts and getting myself straight. 2 questions really. 1)where do i enter it on the form e if i have to disclose it and 2) would ex be entitled to a share in it, considering when it was received and the fact that there is none of it left anyway.

can any one shed any light as this is really worrying me.

thanks all

  • OHPPS's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
15 Mar 08 #16900 by OHPPS
Reply from OHPPS
I may be wrong on this but you are going to fill in and swear the form e as of now so if the money has gone I don`t think you should include it. It`s all a positive and negative thing you don`t include the inheritance and neither include the debts that have been discharged.
Hope this helps.

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Mar 08 #16903 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
Exactly the only place to mention it is in the section which says what has happened in te last 12 months -you will say that post separation Aunt X died and left me £Y and it was utilised by paying off £Z debts.

  • alexanda
  • alexanda's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
25 Mar 08 #17622 by alexanda
Reply from alexanda
Could one use the same argument for a bonus received post separation which was used to help clear off debts and get straight ?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
25 Mar 08 #17642 by dukey
Reply from dukey

Yes same rule applys form e deals with what you have at the time not what you have had in the past.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.