A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

My mothers house..please help

  • rayborn11
  • rayborn11's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
14 Aug 07 #1983 by rayborn11
Topic started by rayborn11
Hi all,

Please help

Whilst married my spouse and I lived with my mother. I have found out that my name is on my Mothers Title deed and trust deed.
- The marriage was short (18 months)
- The spouse returned to their parents house I still live with my mother in her house.
- My name was on the deeds well before I got married.

Could my spouse claim any part of my mothers house as being part of my assets??



  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Aug 07 #1984 by gone1
Reply from gone1
I doubt it Rayborn. Yours was a short marraige and it was your house before. Its generaly assets that you have whilst you were married and not before that count. Chris.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.