A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • sammcg
  • sammcg's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
21 Aug 07 #2242 by sammcg
Topic started by sammcg
I have a pension that I opened in 1996 (beforeI was married), put in money until 2003. got married 1998.
however, the statement arrived at the marital home in July 07, and ex opened it, and gave it to his lawyer, it was in my Maiden Name.

the pension is worth 6k and matures in 2033. can he open my mail, what can I do about this

  • Tinny
  • Tinny's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Aug 07 #2243 by Tinny
Reply from Tinny
I think the pension would have needed to be declared as part of the overall marital pot but I'm not 100% sure of this.

I would have thought he couldnt open your post but maybe you should get post re directed anyway, much safer. Ring pension companies etc and change your address. When I left FMH I assumed Ex would give me my post, very wrong.


  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Aug 07 #2253 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.