A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

sharing a final salary pension

  • maggie
  • maggie's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 May 07 #360 by maggie
Reply from maggie
I got an answer from the trustees today - they've cynically offered me a money purchase type AVC company pension which is the same amount as I would get by transferring out - They say these answers they gave in Form P :
4. (a) Does the person responsible for the pension arrangement offer scheme membership to the person entitled to a pension credit? YES
(b) If Yes, does this depend on Employer and/or trustee approval? NO
meant that they might offer me membership - but not of the defined benefit scheme - of some other scheme we didn't pay into because it was a bog standard rip-off money purchase scheme
The trustees are mainly directors of the company which took over / pillaged the good company that ran a decent pension scheme.
I think they're a bunch of crooks.
Frankly I'm annoyed.

  • maggie
  • maggie's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 May 07 #361 by maggie
Reply from maggie
Another double post - sorry<br><br>Post edited by: maggie, at: 2007/05/23 17:34

  • wikivorce team
  • wikivorce team's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
23 May 07 #362 by wikivorce team
Reply from wikivorce team

thanks for your post

just to say that all the court forms are now available on Wikivorce in the Divorce Guide under Court Forms

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.