A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Clean Break?

  • themindboggles
  • themindboggles's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
05 Sep 07 #2888 by themindboggles
Topic started by themindboggles
If a Consent Order is signed up in court but a sale on FMH is yet to be achieved does Clean Break only come into eeffect after the FMH sold or on the day of signing Consent Order??

Cheers Guys

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Sep 07 #2915 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
I would have said the ' Clean Break ' comes into effect when the order was made, even though the terms of the order have yet to be implemented.

May I enquire as to the point of the question ?

Mike 100468

  • themindboggles
  • themindboggles's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
06 Sep 07 #2922 by themindboggles
Reply from themindboggles
I got a bit confused with it all..... and it has been confirmed that it is in place from stamping even though as you say the terms are yet to be implimented....
Basically was wondering as my partner wont agree to live with me till it is safe but I didd state that i intended to cohabit on form E and this was addressed.

Thanks for your reply!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11