A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Post today for guaranteed reply!!

  • wikivorce team
  • wikivorce team's Avatar Posted by
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
22 Mar 07 #3 by wikivorce team
Topic started by wikivorce team
Welcome to the Finances forum,

In order to kick off some activity in these new forums the wikivorce team are happy to reply to all questions posted in this Finance forum within 24 hours (weekend posts will be answered on Monday).

Please remember however that our advice comes from our own experience of Divorce in England and Wales. We are not legally trained and you should get legal advice before making any decisions.

kind regards

the wikivorce team<br /><br />Post edited by: admin, at: 2007/04/16 09:42

  • vanessa
  • vanessa's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
28 Mar 07 #12 by vanessa
Reply from vanessa
i've been trying to divorce my husband for over a year and he has been delaying but he has now started ancillary relief proceedings.we were meant to exchange our form E 27 march and i have done so but he has not. i took 3 days holiday so as to be able to spend time on the next stage of paperwork (17 april). i rang his soliciitor who told me he's not signed it yet and it'll be done in a few days. i am representing myself so would like some advice on my legal standing and how to proceed from here.
some advice would be appriciated
vanessa<br /><br />Post edited by: vanessa, at: 2007/03/28 15:08

  • wikivorce team
  • wikivorce team's Avatar Posted by
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
30 Mar 07 #20 by wikivorce team
Reply from wikivorce team

I have answered your question in your other post.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.