A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Adjournment of FDR

  • janet93
  • janet93's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
24 Mar 12 #319809 by janet93
Topic started by janet93
Can anyone tell me the approximate costs if you apply for the FDR to be adjourned for the first time ?
Many thanks

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Mar 12 #319814 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
If you are doing this yourself and the other side agrees, the fee is £45. If the other side does not agree, the fee is £90.

Applying for an adjournment does not necessarily mean that you will get one though - you need a good reason.


  • janet93
  • janet93's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
24 Mar 12 #319862 by janet93
Reply from janet93
Thanks Charles

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11