A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Out of court settlement

  • Pony123123
  • Pony123123's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 Mar 12 #320813 by Pony123123
Topic started by Pony123123
He we go, coming towards of the divorce procedure thank goodness but still not sorted out the finances. There is approximately 30k in the house which is currently up for sale as she will not let me buy her out ( she does not want me in the marital home) I put in the deposit of 26k when house bought in 2005. I also am 20 years into a 25 year endownment policy which is due to pay out 20k in 2017. Her pension pot is worth 12k, mine is worth 71k. We married in dec 2005 and she walked out in oct 2010 and started divorce proceedings. Still not divorced due to her delaying tactics at every junction. We have 2 girls aged 4 and 3. Ex is on benefits and I pay child maintenance as per CSA guidelines. She has requested a 75% share of house, 50% share of my endownment and wants pensions equalised. I have offered 50% share of house profit, 20% share of endownment as goodwill gesture and to double her pension pot to 25k. Marriage lasted just under 5 yrs before she chose to move out. Am I being unreasonable? I have to decide now whether to let a judge decide on finances at great costs. Just want advice really on what to do? Her fees are all being paid by legal aid :-(please help

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Apr 12 #321235 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
Did you cohabit before marriage and if so, for how long?

  • Pony123123
  • Pony123123's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
02 Apr 12 #321240 by Pony123123
Reply from Pony123123
We rented for 6 months before marriage which would have been early 2005.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.