A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

financial disclosure for consent order

  • debbiedoodaa
  • debbiedoodaa's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
12 Apr 12 #323336 by debbiedoodaa
Topic started by debbiedoodaa
I have been asked to disclose finances for a Consent Order. We both agreed when we separated three years ago not to disclose and to not make any claims apart from myself putting a legal charge on the former marital home.
I have now been asked to declare finances for a Consent Order.
The part that bothers me is all assets and finances on my part including my pension and home have all been gained post marriage by myself. On paper I am financially better off and it does not reflect that I walked away without a pot to pee in at the time.
I am also worried that when the ex sees that I am earning more than him he will try even harder to wriggle out of maintenance which I had to go to the csa for in the first place.
Do I really have to declare finances? especially as they are not related to the marriage

  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
12 Apr 12 #323337 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
Hi Debbie,

If he is paying Cm via the CSA, it doesn''t matter what your income is! If you earned £10 per week or £1000.00 per week - he would still have to pay Cm at % of his income.

It may however affect your agreement over other matters Family Home, SM, division of debts, pension etc.


  • debbiedoodaa
  • debbiedoodaa's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
12 Apr 12 #323340 by debbiedoodaa
Reply from debbiedoodaa
thanks for the speedy reply white rose.
I am worried that he will try to wriggle out of maintenance by reducing hours. He already refuses to do overtime etc.
I have not claimed for any of his pension and have started my own pension since the separation. I bought my own home (with family help for the deposit).
Declaring assets made post marriage seems irrelevent.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11