A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Changes since submitting Form E

  • weary
  • weary's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
19 Apr 12 #325182 by weary
Topic started by weary
Can any kind person advise please - we have Decree Nisi and have exchanged form Es. I have savings in my own individual account, declared on Form E. What would happen if I shared those savings out in to accounts for my 3 children at this stage? My ex (nearly) is looking forward to getting a large share of those savings for himself, but I would rather put it aside for future college fees etc. Thank you.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Apr 12 #325198 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Weary, your problem here is this. There are many people facing divorce who, given the chance, will quite happily dispose of money simply to make sure the ex will not get his/her sticky hands on it. The Courts encounter this every day of the week, more or less, and there is a danger that what you are proposing could be seen in this light.

I think a Court''s main priority will be to house both of you, and if '' putting aside '' part of your savings means that there is insufficient money to re-house your ex in an appropriate way, then his need is likely to take priority.

If I may so suggest, you and your ex are still the childrens'' parents, divorce does not change that, and you might usefully discuss the question of school fees with your x2b.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11