A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

consent order

  • beckskb
  • beckskb's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
02 May 12 #328014 by beckskb
Topic started by beckskb
Hi all
does anyone know what can be done if my ex ignores a Consent Order? My ex has done everything he possibly can to stop this divorce happening (except actually contesting it!) and after paying a lawyer and process server loads I was finally able to get deemed service on the Petition. We now need Decree Absolute and the financial matters need to be sorted. My lawyer has done the paperwork but I already know my ex won''t sign or return anything (despite the consent saying I don''t want anything from him!). Any ideas if there''s any other way of getting this sorted?:(
Cheers Becks

  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 May 12 #328032 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
My understanding is if he doesnt agree to signing the consent order the only other option is court.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.