A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

remarried and need consent order for assets

  • assets
  • assets's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
03 May 12 #328129 by assets
Topic started by assets

Am remarried but with no financial agreement for previous marriage. We had two assets my pension and the house which I am still on the deeds and pay mortgage for as part of maintenance. I need resolution for future planning previous wife and I agree verbally on House and capital in it will be hers and pension mine. I also need to protect my current wife''s assets as she owns the house we live in. Can anyone tell me the best way forward. Both parties are in agreement just want something binding without incurring more costs. How long would this all take.

Thanks for any feedback

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 May 12 #328135 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
has your ex wife remarried? if not, she can still make an application to the court, so the way forward would be to get a consent ordr drawn up in which she was the Applicant and you the Respondent.

A Consent Order would usually include a paragraph recordeding that neither of you has any calim n the other''s assets except as st out in the order, and would include a lean break for neither of you to be able to make fresh claims. This protects you and your current wife

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.