A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Can my stbx claim after I bought his share from OR

  • Sparkle*
  • Sparkle*'s Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 May 12 #332428 by Sparkle*
Topic started by Sparkle*
I am new to this forum and I''ll appereciate if someone can help. Three years ago my husband went bankrupt and soon after I filed for divorce. We have two children. I bought his 50% share from the trustee in bankruptcy with the help of my sister. He changed so many address and claims not to have received divorce papers,I am about to make on order for deemed service. He has not paid any maintenancesince then or any other help whatsoever. My question is: Does he have any right to claim on my share in the matremonial home after I bought his share from the trusteee?
Many thanks

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
23 May 12 #332430 by dukey
Reply from dukey
The problem is you are married and the matrimonial home is a joint asset, any spouse can apply for a financial order against the other, how successful that would be is another matter entirely.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.