A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

what can i expect

  • sim5355
  • sim5355's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Jun 12 #337446 by sim5355
Topic started by sim5355
hi! i was wondering if somebody could help me with what i could expect with the pot
me 46 ex 51
me unemployed ex 35,000
all three children staying with me 24/7 as he has asked for no staying power the children are 19,18,9
pension is me 2,000 ex 100,000
house 400,000 mort 92,000
land worth 120,000 which ex wants to keep
endowments 70,000

i hope somebody could help i have just had my first court apperance

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
18 Jun 12 #337464 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Are the 19 and 18 year old adults still living at home?

How big is house, can you downsize as only 9 year old is a dependant

Are you seeking work and how long unemployed?

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Jun 12 #337470 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Leaving the pensions aside for the moment the value of the other assets isn''t insignificant so there will be a few options. Depending on local property prices I would have thought it would be relatively straight forward and there would be enough to purchase a property for you outright leaving a reasonable deposit for your husband to put towards rehousing. Relevant factors are whether or not the older two are in education or training and your potential earning capacity. Aspirations are also important, what do you both want?

  • sim5355
  • sim5355's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Jun 12 #337476 by sim5355
Reply from sim5355
hi! all children live with me in a 4 bedroom house one of the older ones has just left college so not working the other is still in education . i have not worked full time for 20 years just done part time cleaning but i am on a college course at the moment to help me get back to work.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.