A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Child/spousal maintenance

  • redwine47
  • redwine47's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Jun 12 #339412 by redwine47
Topic started by redwine47
Stbx and I had a private arrangement regarding above. Just found out tonight from the bank that he has cancelled all joint standing orders and all cm & sm maintenance payments & without any notification to me.

We are currently going through court re financial settlement and the court does not currently deal with marital issues again until sept. I guess that is why he has done at this late stage.

Would be most grateful on what I can do. I am unemployed have no income. Our joint assets are already in dispute and end of month bills coming in.


  • PetalsInTheWind
  • PetalsInTheWind's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
27 Jun 12 #339427 by PetalsInTheWind
Reply from PetalsInTheWind
The courts do not deal with routine issues until September but there are still Masters available in the court that deal with urgent issues that cannot wait until September. Contact a solicitor as this would be treated as urgent

  • redwine47
  • redwine47's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Jun 12 #339620 by redwine47
Reply from redwine47
I have contacted solicitor today,,, Awaiting reply...


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.