A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Please Please help need advise on financialhearing

  • vivi36
  • vivi36's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Jul 12 #342383 by vivi36
Reply from vivi36

yep it''s simple go to a free broker and ask for your lending capacity, ask them NOT to credit score you and explain that you need proof for divorce proceedings.

When I did this a high street bank would not take into account CB or WTC and only a percentage of TC and I had to provide a court order for my CSA payments.

Obviously every lenders criteria is different. So if they do manage to find you a lender highlight the APR.

Good luck and don''t worry.

  • rockchick
  • rockchick's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
10 Jul 12 #342387 by rockchick
Reply from rockchick
Thanks for your help some good ideas there will go to estate agents and banks tomorrow what do i state i will be receiving child tax credit child benefit and ESA ,supposedly child maintenance and hopefully spousal maintenance when this is settled at FH but i do not have a job so you seem to think i will not get a mortgage on these :)please reply x

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
10 Jul 12 #342392 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
Make a list of your income streams including what they are, how much a month and when they stop. This should be enough information.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11