A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Diamonds
  • Diamonds's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
16 Jul 12 #343338 by Diamonds
Topic started by Diamonds
Well moved on a bit since ex walked out on me after 25 years married. Started divorce proceedings, found out he is living with other woman, they rent a house together. I have been made redundant, basic payout, which cleared my overdraft, so now living on 71 pound a week, i pay all the bills for the house and have 16 pound left to live on a week. He earns 74000 annual and girl friend around the same. I am in marrital home with my daughter who is at uni close to home, so she lives with me full time. We are both losing weight. Can anyone tell me what my financial outcome will be approx. Will i have to sell house etc

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Jul 12 #343345 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
It''s difficult for anyone to say without knowing the details - value of any assets (including any pensions) and liabilities in joint or sole names, respective ages and incomes, including state benefits you might are entitled to.

Under 18s are a priority but over 18s aren''t in education aren''t irrelevant and it''s reasonable for them to be provided with a base. But if the house is much bigger than required to keep a roof over your''s and your daughter''s head it may need to be sold. Alternatively you might be able to keep it until your daughter finishes a first degree. If there is a big discrepancy in incomes spouse maintenance may be a factor.

In the meantime if you are struggling, and haven''t already done so, I would suggest consulting a solicitor to find out where you stand and what options there are, in particular with regard to maintenance "pending" the divorce to tide you over.

  • Diamonds
  • Diamonds's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
16 Jul 12 #343571 by Diamonds
Reply from Diamonds
Thanks i will speak to my solicitor

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.