A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Deeds of Assignment

  • cakedec
  • cakedec's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
20 Jul 12 #344288 by cakedec
Topic started by cakedec
In my Consent Order it states that I get half of a number of policies on maturity. My solicitor never mentioned deeds of assignment and I thought I would get my half of the money from the Police Mutual. This has not happened and the money has gone to my ex who has sent me cheques. I don''t know if I have had the correct amount and the Police Mutual won''t tell me how much half is due to data protection. They said the do not accept consent orders. I am now in a dispute with my ex as he has not sent my half of a recent policy. He told my son he would send an amount which is not half of the guaranteed amount without bonuses. On the advice of a friend I wrote to the PMAS under section 35 of the data protection act which states I can be given the information because a consent order is in place. They said they will not agree because the order is between my ex and I. They told me I should have had deeds of assignment done and my solicitor should have know to do them. Can anyone tell me if my solicitor should have done them and if I should make a formal complaint if they haven''t done what they should.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
20 Jul 12 #344299 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Don`t waste your time with trustees without a deed of assignment you`ll get no where, fill in D11 pay the £90 and ask the judge to order disclosure.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11