A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

New partners finances

  • mbird
  • mbird's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Aug 12 #346741 by mbird
Reply from mbird
Hi there, just wondering as I haven''t heard from her solicitor since I replied 3 days ago saying I couldn''t afford actuary report. My question is, if he has or indeed does apply to court for Directions to insist on this report, does he have to let me know he has done this? Or do solicitors normally just wait for the court papers to arrive? If so how long roughly till I hear from either? Sorry but really worrying about court etc
Also , while I''m here :-)if I want her to keep house and equity etc how is that facilitated?
Thanks guys.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11