A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Form D81

  • Princejandy
  • Princejandy's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 Aug 12 #346734 by Princejandy
Topic started by Princejandy
The judge has asked for a Form D81 to be completed before he will sign off the Consent Order. It seems pretty straight forward but I''m not sure about what''s meant to be written down under ''basis of occupation'' on question 10. Can anyone please confirm whether this means owner occupier or that I aim to live with my partner. Many thanks.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
01 Aug 12 #346749 by dukey
Reply from dukey
The solicitor who wrote the order should be completing the D81.

  • Princejandy
  • Princejandy's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
04 Aug 12 #347243 by Princejandy
Reply from Princejandy
Solicitor should complete the form, really!!
Have received an email from solicitor with form D81 attached asking for it to be completed with up to date financial information. Consent Order was lodged last month and the judge has apparently requested this form before he/she will sign it off. Have completed the form apart from the ''basis of occupation'' bit as still not clear whether it means ''owner occupier'' or ''living with partner''. I could ask my solicitor but he will probably charge me £100 just for the pleasure. Many thanks.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.