A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Yel
  • Yel's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
02 Sep 12 #353506 by Yel
Topic started by Yel
My father has several properties. They were in joint names until 2007 when my name was removed. They were then put in joint names with my two sisters. In case of divorce, will my wife still be able to make a claim on those properties?

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Sep 12 #353533 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
She can only claim against what you have.

It follows that she cannot claim against property you do not own, UNLESS, possibly, she can show that the transaction was done deliberately with a view to thwarting any claim for financial relief she might have.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11