A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

No response to my questions from stbx

  • chris1519
  • chris1519's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
10 Sep 12 #354954 by chris1519
Topic started by chris1519
Following first hearing my stbx has not bothered to answer the questions I asked re non disclosure on his form E. Deadline for exchange has now passed. What legal redress do I have in this instance as it was judge who said and set date for responses to be made....?

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Sep 12 #355658 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
if he is in breach, and the next hearing is thewrfore not viable, the court can make a costs order agaisnt him, and ultimately if he fils to provide disclosure that court can draw inferences from theat (e.g. if you say he earns £50,000, he says he earns £20,000 but fils to disclose proof, a court can draw the inference that you are correct and he is telling porky pies, and can proceed on that basis.

I would recommend that when the deadline is reached, you worte to him (keeping a copy) satating that he is in breach and that if the FDR cannot go ahead you will be seeking a wasted costs order against him.

  • chris1519
  • chris1519's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
13 Sep 12 #355687 by chris1519
Reply from chris1519
Thank you for your response TBagpuss. The next hearing is not until Dec but the deadline set by the judge at First Hearing has passed. My concern is that despite FDR being so far away (maddening as judge asked for first available date following last hearing e.g early Sept)stbx still has time despite missing deadline by the judge. I was going to try and negotiate for costs anyway as stbx has messed around since outset forcing me to take him to court on the finances although I was respondent in the divorce. I guess I just hold on until November and then see if anything does/does not turn up. If it doesn''t then I will ask my solicitor to do what you have suggested. Thanks for the advice. Very kind!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.