A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Varying a Consent Order

  • skodaman
  • skodaman's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
11 Sep 12 #355227 by skodaman
Topic started by skodaman
Hi all,
First post.....

I am party to a Consent Order (from 1997) which includes a provision re the ex-marital home.

Can my ex- apply to vary the conditions of the order without me knowing or having any say? :unsure::(

It''s due to lapse in 12 months anyway when youngest child (hopefully) goes off to university.

I''ve left out the (gory) details, hope what''s left makes sense.


  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Sep 12 #355657 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
No. if your ex wants to apply to vary, you will need to be served with the appliation and to have an aopportunity to have your say.

However, service may be valid if sent to your last known address, so if you are worried, and/or no longer live at the address you lived at when the order was made, make sure that your ex has your up to date address.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.