A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Pay Slip

  • K1lk
  • K1lk's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Sep 12 #357715 by K1lk
Topic started by K1lk
Hello i am currently paying 20% of my wages to my ex . she is stopping my 2 boys from seeing me basically she wants more than the 20% .she is living in the house with her partner . and she way she says i can see them if i provide her with a copy of my wage slip . we had a mutual agreement to see the children so im now going thru the solicitors courts to get an access order to stop her doing this . they have allready sent her a letter which she has obviously taken no notice of. we are divorced but did things mutually .
Thanks in advance


  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
24 Sep 12 #357718 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
Hi Tim,

You''re doing the right thing!

Blackmail by using the children is terrible.

Do you have indirect contact with them? They must be confused to why they haven''t seen you.

Good luck and keep us posted.


  • K1lk
  • K1lk's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Sep 12 #357728 by K1lk
Reply from K1lk
Hello my eldest is 14 , and my youngest is 7 . this has happend 3 weeks ago when i came back from holiday i took my 2 boys away with my new partner and they really like her so i recon that is the real reason but using the excuse of wanting more money . so i went thru with my solicitor what i pay , they sent her a letter to say i pay her X amount of which is the correct amount and this is no reason to stop access . sso she come back saying they are not coming until i provide her a copy of my wage slip i do see my eldest as i have taken him to school but i havnt seen my youngest will be 4 weeks this friday . so it looks like another phone call to the solicitors tomorrow . she will be getting a letter about access rights my eldest is 14 soon to be 15 he knows its his mum and can see thru it. from waht i understand my youngest is ok . just misses me and wants to see me . the stupid thing is she is living in the house with her partner so if i can deal with it . why cant she deal with the fact that i have moved on and have got a new partner

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.