A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

aggressive ex !

  • stack
  • stack's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
26 Sep 12 #358020 by stack
Topic started by stack
Hi everyone, i just joined as i feel out of my depth !! I am self repping after getting rid of an expensive and useless solicitor.

My situation is i left my wife in 2010, she then divorced me. Decree Absolute March 2012. She has since made it clear she is out for all she can get and doesnt want to mediate, and we are due in court soon (first appointment). Now i have spent the last year with a serious knee injury, and wasnt earning large amounts beforehand. In fact i am struggling to stay afloat. I have bought a small house nearby and have my kids 2 nights every week. My dad leant me some money for a (large) deposit...probably a mistake but i needed a place to live !!
My ex lives in the FMH which is worth £200,000 and has only £10,000 left of mortgage to pay. I am not paying it as i have to pay mine.
She wants to keep all of the FMH transferred into her name and wants spousal maintenance too, despite earning 7K part time (has always worked as hairdresser)and getting 11K in benefits. There are no pensions , no savings and the kids are 9 and 11 yrs. I feel that i am owed something from my investment in the FMH, i paid for most of it !! Am not trying to force her to sell as is my kids home...can i expect anything ?? Maybe a percentage when the kids are older , i doubt she will give me a penny now.. Thanks in advance.

  • Canute
  • Canute's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
26 Sep 12 #358089 by Canute
Reply from Canute
Just make sure that the deposit is properly recorded & witnessed, otherwise she will want a share of that as well.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.