A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

DIY Divorce - Lump sum application

  • DIY Divorce
  • DIY Divorce's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 May 07 #363 by DIY Divorce
Topic started by DIY Divorce

No money no solicitor = DIY.

Can anyone please let me know if i am able to lodge a Lump Sum Order before divorce proceedings have begun? My wife has everything, and pulled out of mediation, so i really would like some assistance on this. Also, what is the technical name of the form?

Would I need to get her to fill out a Form "E"? If so, how do i get her to do this?


  • Louise11
  • Louise11's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 May 07 #369 by Louise11
Reply from Louise11
Hi Clive

The best advice i can give is......

The best place to begin is the County Court, if you want to start divorce proceedings then this is the best place to start.

Go into the family court,ask them for a divorce pack they have a step by step guide in the form of leaflets 1, 2, 3, 4, and i think 5.

These tell you what to do as well as information on how to fill the forms in. Somewhere on the divorce papers (i cant quite remember) it asks you if you are going to be apllying for ancilliary relief, if so then you dont cross out any orders on the prayer (i think, i cant remember off hand, i did it all myself 5 years ago and its a bit of a blur now)

Anyway just thought i'd tell you i think its the best place to start. and of course on here on the divorce guide.
The form E ect is quite a way down the line, you have to file form A to start with. After form A, it all starts.. and you both have to fill in form E, its a financial form. Its not for you to get her to do this... its a matter of course, failing to do so , she would become answerable to the courts.
So take one step at a time and things will fall into place.

kind regards and good luck, any help i can give just give me a shout.;)

  • wikivorce team
  • wikivorce team's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
24 May 07 #370 by wikivorce team
Reply from wikivorce team

if you look at the Divorce Guide on this site, under the section Court Forms, you will find all the relevant forms and information leaflets.

That should get you started!

If you have any questions having read the forms then just post another question to the forum.

This site is very new but was designed to support people exactly in your situation so we will be adding more and more information on how to do your own divorce - in the meantime ask any questions you like.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11