A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

What should I ask for?

  • sky
  • sky's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 Sep 07 #3809 by sky
Topic started by sky
I've been 'getting divorced' for over a year now and the stress is getting to me - just want it to be over. We've done our form E's voluntarily ( second go!) and my X2b still can't add up!

Our assets are:
House 121k - he says 141k
My savings 49k
His savings 71k
His work shares 26k
My pension 13k
His pension 87k
His creative accounting 20k
His inheritance trust - not disclosed approx 100k+

We have 2 children 8 & 10. I am 38, he is 42. I gave up my career when we married in 1994.

I work part time earning 6kpa but topped up via tax credits etc to about 12kpa net

He earns £42kpa net with share bonuses and a non contributory final salary pension.

This is dragging out - his latest offer is I get the house, £12k of his pension, my own pension and I pay him £20k and keep the rest of my assets (£29k). He gets everything else.
My third solicitor with my firm is now 'out of office for some weeks' and they have all told me one thing face to face but it all changes when they write it down. It's like they don't think I'll notice.

Does anyone have an idea as to what I should be going for?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.