A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Can my X be made to pay me my share of the .......

  • madaboutcars
  • madaboutcars's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Sep 07 #3858 by madaboutcars
Topic started by madaboutcars
My X and I have lived in 2 homes together as husband and wife. My name was not on either mortgage (i was studying so could not get a mortgage but worked part time and contributed to the homes financially). Both properties have since been sold and she has now bought a house with her new partner. They are due to have a baby any day and so she is currently on maternity leave.She has told me that all the equity from both homes has now been spent and she has none of the money left. I am about to start divorce proceedings and will be looking for a 40% share from the equity of both homes. Can I be ordered to wait for this money (as she claims she does not have it) or will she be ordered to obtain it somehow. We have a 3 year old daughter who lives with my X, who I pay mainenance for.
Thanks in advance for your feedback

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11