A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

What am I entitled to? - Short Marriage

  • RLawson
  • RLawson's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
28 Sep 07 #4085 by RLawson
Reply from RLawson
Thanks so much for all your replies. I forgot to mention that I am now living in rented accomodation and having to pay rent, childcare costs on my own. I will let you know how things go. Good luck to everyone else :-)


  • RLawson
  • RLawson's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
28 Sep 07 #4086 by RLawson
Reply from RLawson

The kids lived with me whilst we were married. I am now living in rented accomodation, and having to pay full rent, and childcare costs etc. He says that the children do not come into it, but my solicitor said that they were deemed as children of the family and that their welfare will be considered. Not sure if i will get spousal maintenance,as I did not give up my job when we were together. I just want a final settlement, my ex obviously thinks I am entitled to something otherwise he would not have offered me £10k. He bullied me into accepting this offer with threats of me losing my children and my job. I spoke to my solicitor who advised that I should decline the offer because of the tactics he used. I am about to swear on my form E, will be interesting to see what my ex's looks like compared to mine! Thanks for your reply to my question :-)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.