A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

anyone know

  • markp
  • markp's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
25 Sep 07 #3940 by markp
Topic started by markp
hi just wondering if anyone can help me when me and x2b split i had some money in a savings account, i have been using this for legal fees and some bits and bats that have come up. My question is when we settle i understand i have to give statements for the account for the last 12 months, so will the amount taken into account for the settlement be what was there when she walked out or the aount thats left when we get to settlement. i have receipts for some of the money but not all of it. the amount with no receipts is about £1000.

thanks markp

  • Louise11
  • Louise11's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Sep 07 #3942 by Louise11
Reply from Louise11
Hi Mark,

When you submit the 12 month statements for that account whatever the balance is on that day then this is the figure that will be used.
They can ask you where certain large amounts have gone say you have taken 1k out for something then as long as you can show you used it for whatever then it will be accepted. If you took it out in dribs and drabs then it will be overlooked.
Dont worry about it. The only thing they can have a moan at is say you take 1k out and cant show where its gone.(i.e. you must of done something with it i.e. holiday, car, paid a debt? ect) if not they will try and accuse you of hiding it somewhere. Just try and keep receipts for everything, and I only mean large amounts, not the 20 quid here or the 40quid there.
In our case other party claims she has £600 in her account when filling in form E, they still use this figure 3 years later! My husband said in his Form E that we had savings of £2500, thats all disappeared now, gone in a puff of smoke on two weeks Solicitor bill, they still use that figure although we say it went two years ago! No one seems to be bothered one way or another! LOL.

Kind ones
Louise :)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.