A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • markp
  • markp's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
28 Sep 07 #4073 by markp
Topic started by markp
hi wonder if any one can help me. I'm 43 and my x2b is 39. I have a pension that was frozen last October when i was made redundant, my x2b as stated that she is going full pelt for my pension, so wondering what sort of percentage she will get, as most of it was paid in before i met her.
She states she does not have pension, which i believe was true uptill last year, when she started working for the local council part time, she states that she must work for them a year before she can join their scheme, but on their web site their state every employee is automaticaly enrolled in the local government scheme at time of employment unless thy contact to opt out. So withher getting the details wrong i think she has apension but will not admit it.

my questions are:-

1- what if she will not admit to having apension.
2- is there anyway i can find out if she has apension.
3- how much of mine will she get
4- if it goes through with her not admitting a pension and i find proof later that she lied can i get any of the amount awarded to her back.

thanks in advance to anyone that can help

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Sep 07 #4109 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
1&2 TBH if she's only been working for local government part time for a year it's not really worth the legal costs to pursue.

3 Depends on the overall settlement, type of pension etc

4 If there is evidence later that non disclosure of assets radically affected the settlement it can be overturned.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.