A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

How to do a proposal 4 maintenance

  • debbiedaly
  • debbiedaly's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
28 Sep 07 #4106 by debbiedaly
Topic started by debbiedaly
My husband has dragged his feet all this year over the divorce and i have had to push it all from my side. He has finally given his financials in but failed to put forward a proposal for me to consider. As I know he will be travelling a lot for the next month i also know he won't get around to visiting his sol and putting together a proposal for at least a month! Should i push it forward again by giving him a proposal to consider? Also, having worked out what I actually want from him, how much should I put on top to give me negotiating room? I don't have much confidence in my sol so want to be able to give it all to her in black and white so she can't try and push me in the direction she would like. Also, can i ask for my legal fees directly relating to constantly chasing him up to be refunded to me by him? I just want to get something sorted soon so I can get on with my life!

  • flower2
  • flower2's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
28 Sep 07 #4110 by flower2
Reply from flower2
we have so much in common! Same problems, taken months and lots of money wasted and now court.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.