A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

new partner

  • shar10
  • shar10's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
05 Oct 07 #4360 by shar10
Topic started by shar10
Hi guys, soory not been on for awhile, life hectic with disseratiton etc.
Anyway, im seeking advice again. I have moved on from hubby, joined match.com and met a lovely bloke, its goin really well.

My new bloke is why im seekin advice, my hubbu a lil jealous, thinks he shouldnt be payin mortgage as i have new fella. My bloke dont live here, but he does stay over alot. Im not seekin spouse maintenance from hubby, but have requested he pay mortgage till i graduate. He says, at point my bloke stays 3nights a week, he can pay as he livin here.

My new bloke has his own place and own bills, i do actually stay at his also.

Can my hubby stop payin mortgage (joint mortgage)

  • dun
  • dun's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
06 Oct 07 #4378 by dun
Reply from dun
If his name is on the house deeds and mortgage - he has to pay.
It is understandable he is hurting if you have found someone else and you are still expecting him to support you to the same level as before. Maybe you should try and pay your part of the mortgage.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.