A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

is it too late?

  • pinkfish
  • pinkfish's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
28 May 07 #442 by pinkfish
Topic started by pinkfish
Sorry for posting this twice, I hit the wrong button.

Thanks for previous replys to my other post.

I think I have signed the Consent Order. It was hand written at the court and typed up by his solicitor. However when we left the chambers x said he was only going to pay mortgage for may and then nothing. When my solicitor got a copy of the papers this had been written in to the order by xs sol. This was not in the document I signed surely this can't be legal or right? Is it too late or can I do anything about this?

  • wikivorce team
  • wikivorce team's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
28 May 07 #443 by wikivorce team
Reply from wikivorce team
I agree that anything added to the agreement by your ex's solicitor is not fair and you should refuse to sign until it is removed.

The only angle you might have to get the whole thing reviewed is this missing bank acount - but you knew about this last week so what happened in court with regard to this bank account. If at a later date you can prove that this was not disclosed and that there were significant funds in the account then you may have a shot at getting the consent order overruled and a new one negotiated.

Speak to your solicitor about this.

  • maggie
  • maggie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 May 07 #444 by maggie
Reply from maggie
If you can go back to court for a review because you've found out something was wrong do you have to pay solicitors again ?

  • maggie
  • maggie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 May 07 #445 by maggie
Reply from maggie
Who keeps the original handwritten documents we sign at FA or FDR ?
Shouldn't both parties have a photocopy?
Shouldn't the District Judge spot that unilateral addition when it goes back to her/him
Do DJs read stuff?
Are they responsible for anything?
Mine failed to spot some crucial information was missing - can I sue?????

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.