A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • colin
  • colin's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
09 Oct 07 #4521 by colin
Topic started by colin
My wife has just given
me divorce papers on
the back of nothing -
have only been married
a year and have a very
young baby - she wants
to stay off work in the
family (rented) house
until she decides to go
back to work when he is
older - she was the
primary earner in the
relationship and i am
off work after being
made redundant recently
- any ideas as i think
she wants as much as
possible from me ?

Is straight cash terms i have about 100k more in cash with no joint assets or property to be considered.

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Oct 07 #4528 by gone1
Reply from gone1
Hi Colin. Soz that name gives me the shivers. Not your fault. You have only been married a year so short marriage. This counts for a lot. I think you will come out of this with what you put in. As for your child you will have to support him / her. Figure on about 15% for about 16 - 19 years. CSA is the place where this is done. I would talk to your wife about contact araigments. Its best done this way. Chris.

  • colin
  • colin's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
09 Oct 07 #4536 by colin
Reply from colin
Lets hope so - i'm trying to talk about it with her but not easy with the 'you need to go through my solicitor line' and hard done by face - i'm just the sperm bank i guess and now becoming an inconvience to her, i'm determined though, i'm going to see as much of him as possible.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.