A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • familyhelp
  • familyhelp's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
14 Oct 07 #4711 by familyhelp
Reply from familyhelp
taking a look right now..thank you!!

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Oct 07 #4712 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
No, madam, what you WILL need is the title number , if you have it. You may not, of course, but it's quite straightforward to get it, you can do it on line and the fee is about £2 or something like that. I've done it a few times myself. I wouldn't have thought you'd have too much trouble, given your situation. What I think you need to do is to find a solicitor who will do legal aid. Sounds like you will probably qualify for it. OK it is only a loan but you can defer repayment for quite some time if you have kids.

Like Sera, I do need to stress that speed is of the essence.

Mike 100468

  • TMax
  • TMax's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Oct 07 #4713 by TMax
Reply from TMax
Same advice as the others also take note of what you read and go to C.A.B they have soliciters that can help usualy open at 9:3- - 10:00 GET THERE EARLY as they are usualy snowed under by the timt he doors open grab a queue number fast :-)normaly where they can be seen

  • tderic
  • tderic's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
14 Oct 07 #4714 by tderic
Reply from tderic
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. But When you are in hospital you wall find an organisation called Click sergant they will help you with any finacial stuff and in any other way that they can. Please ask the nurses for them and talk to them. I have been in your shoes with my son and they can help you. Please just ask to talk to them. They can give you funds within hours. Please talk to them.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.