A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

What is he playing at ?

  • Angel557
  • Angel557's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Oct 07 #5017 by Angel557
Topic started by Angel557
Don't know if this was the right place to post this , basically i have been divorced a yr today hoorah, even though finances have not been sorted due to him delaying everything , but he managed to get a judge to give him the absolute.Where do i start right last June i was notified by the CSA that he had relevant other children in his household so my children's maintenance was reduced not that he has been paying anyway.Then his form E comes stamped from the court last Sept in the box are you co- habiting he ticked no, my sol informed CSA of this and his previous assessment was put back in place , his parents have collected my children this morning and his mother informed me there had been a letter form IR regarding over payment of child Tax credits to him and his partner , I just don't know what is going on , i know currently he pays £80 p/w rent for a room in a house but spends all his time at her's and she is claiming as a lone parent, just can't get my head round what is he playing at.Is it because if he put's he is living with her her details will get bought up , i'm no good with the finicial side of things.

  • TMax
  • TMax's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Oct 07 #5033 by TMax
Reply from TMax
if he is living with her report it to the council dept who pay her rent, they will have to pay everything back theyve had 0800 838223 benfit fraud line. :-)this is my next port of call once the FH is over

  • apm
  • apm's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
21 Oct 07 #5055 by apm
Reply from apm
I have to agree. If he is messing you about, play it by the book. inform the appropriate authorities (through your solicitor if you prefer) of any situations which are different from what they claim.

Benefit fraud is a big deal, from what I understand. Maybe with a conviction for that against him, it would be easier for you to get some money out of him?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.