A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Progress Financial remedy as a respondent

  • Allcry
  • Allcry's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
13 Feb 20 #511393 by Allcry
Topic started by Allcry
Hi All,

As the respondent I am being divorced and they have put in for financials. But they are dragging their feet. (No Decree Nisi)

I know I can progress things in divorce. How can I put in for interim order for financials to speed things up? I know how to do this for divorce.

Lastly, because I do not have my own petition how will this affect what financials I can claim? (This is based on the old law of not ticking the correct financial boxes on the divorce petition).

I am thinking of petting a cross petition with financials, and just applying for an interim application in divorce.

You can answer any part of this or suggest books etc.

Thanks in advance.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
17 Feb 20 #511460 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
Has Form A been issued to apply to the courts for Financial remedy?

If it has not, and there is a petition in process, you can make the application yourself. mediation has to be tried first.

NB the divorce and financial settlement are separate.

You cannot have a legally binding financial settlement until the Decree Nisi is in place but you can make a start on the process yourself.

If more than six months have passed since the petition, you can apply to have it dismissed 'for want of prosecution' and start your own.

Why not have a chat with the helpline to see how we can help you disentangle all this.


  • Allcry
  • Allcry's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
16 Sep 20 #514113 by Allcry
Reply from Allcry
Thank you.

I made an application for strike out 1 year delay.

I received no notice of my application. And today received a notice date August of a hearing happening to days ago 14 sept 2020.

What can do about not receiving notice of a hearing, or my application?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11