A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Online Divorce / Clean break advice please...

  • DevonSky
  • DevonSky's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 Feb 20 #511598 by DevonSky
Topic started by DevonSky

My wife and I were married in 2012 but separated in 2017. We have been living apart for nearly 3 years now, we have 5 year old twins together which we both share the care of.

She bought a house using our joint funds which she has a mortgage on.

We get on well and have decided to give the children a stable and as normal as possible up bringing despite living in separate houses, and we both agree that we will never be a couple again so its time to divorce.

My wife does not want me to sell my house which she has never contributed too, we both want our children to grow up here as its a rural children’s paradise. I have little savings no pensions and give her £1100 per month maintenance. She openly says all she wants is me to be a father to our children and pay maintenance.

My question is would a “Clean Break consent” document, and as far as the whole divorce / clean break is concerned is this something that can be done through the services of Wikivorce? – My wife and I both agree we would rather spend the solicitor fee’s on the children if we can do the complete thing online.

I never thought I’d be writing on a forum like this but I’m pleased to have found it.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
24 Feb 20 #511602 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
Welcome to Wikivorce but sorry you find yourself here.

we do indeed have a range of services you can use to help you complete your divorce and financial settlement without spending £1000s on solicitors.

We offer a fixed price financial consultation to help you work out a fair settlement and also a combined divorce and Consent Order package.

Why not give the helpline a call to discuss how we can best support you?


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11