My husband has put off divorcing me for months now, he kept changing his mind.
I've forced his hand now as I've left him and under the domestic abuse team...so being guided by the authorities.
He's finally seen a solicitor and trying to get universal credit to not pay divorce (don't know why he hasn't tried claiming before??)
He's asking me for assets etc .(I know he's trying to claim some inheritance I was given),
Should I wait for him to actually start divorce or give asset details etc. now....
You are encouraged to settle without going down the court route if possible. That is pretty much the last resort and should only be used if you are very far apart in your expectation of settlement or if there are problems getting full financial disclosure with agreed valuations.
Exchange of information, even on a voluntary basis should really be mutual and simultaneous.
It is reasonable enough to do it at an early stage so you can ideally agree a settlement and get a Consent Order to the court ASAP after Decree Nisi.
Out of curiosity, may I ask why you are waiting for him to put in a divorce petition? You could do it yourself and as for an order that he pays costs or at least that they are shared.
Ref inheritance, a lot depends on when it was received, if it was kept separate from the family finances and the assets available to allow your needs to be met.