A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-8pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-8pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Capital Gains Tax?

  • Strugglin
  • Strugglin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
4 months 2 weeks ago #511858 by Strugglin
Capital Gains Tax? was created by Strugglin

I have been resident overseas for many years, travelling back to the UK on an occasional basis. I own a property in the UK together with my wife. We are now divorcing.

The general intention is to share the equity in our property, once sold. Somebody told me recently that, as I am resident overseas, my share may be liable to Capital Gains Tax.

Is anybody able to offer definitive advice on this?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11