A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Capital Gains Tax?

  • Strugglin
  • Strugglin's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
20 Mar 20 #511858 by Strugglin
Topic started by Strugglin

I have been resident overseas for many years, travelling back to the UK on an occasional basis. I own a property in the UK together with my wife. We are now divorcing.

The general intention is to share the equity in our property, once sold. Somebody told me recently that, as I am resident overseas, my share may be liable to Capital Gains Tax.

Is anybody able to offer definitive advice on this?

Many thanks.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11