A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Divorce and money

  • Sarahjane0
  • Sarahjane0's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 Mar 20 #511881 by Sarahjane0
Topic started by Sarahjane0
Ok my husband left, literally out of the blue telling me he doesn't love me anymore and has had enough. My question is he past owns a house with his mum and brother, this house was left in a will to them. This house has got a small amount of debt against it which means currently they can't put it in their name's until that debt is sorted. Can I claim any share of this house. We were married for 5 years together for 10 we 1 child together but I have 3.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11