A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • ThelmaHorse
  • ThelmaHorse's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Apr 20 #512163 by ThelmaHorse
Topic started by ThelmaHorse
My ex has on the form E and via answers to the questions from the FDA has declared an asset not in use and requiring bills to maintain it - this is their excuse for valuing it at £600 not the £2000+ it is worth.

However the asset has been advertised for hire on social media and the hire by a member of the public is to be paid for creating and income for my ex.
There is also no evidence on any bank statements provided as to any costs being paid out for the maintenance for this asset.

I have no raised this with my ex's solicitors yet and I am self representing so I don't know exactly where I stand. This is one of the many lies within the form E.

The bank statements provided do not match any of the outgoings written in the form E, for example my ex claims to have a poor standard of living since the separation, but the bank statements show £100s spent each month on leisure activities etc

My final query.
My ex has stated they are financially forced to live at home with their parents and other family members who live their.
However again on social media they are posting that they live a 55 minute drive away from their parents residence - this is cohabiting with a new partner.
Should the court or I be made aware of this as I was forced by the solicitors representing ex to provide my new partners income as we live together.


  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
19 Apr 20 #512169 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
If there are things on form E that need to be challenged or clarified, t g at should be done in the questionnaire.
If answers to the questionnaire raise further issues, you can ask supply questions. If documents or info is still missing you can provide a schedule of deficiencies to the court and other side. The judge can order that they are addressed.

NB if there is a dispute about a valuation, that should be included in the Statement of Issues as well as the questionnaire. An independent valuation could be ordered if necessary.

If you have evidence of untruths, you can raise this but you need to provide the other side with the evidence you are putting before the court before it us raised.

Have you had the first hearing yet?

If you need help with the documents etc, it may be worth speaking to the helpline.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11