A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Filling out Form A

  • Mummy83
  • Mummy83's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
02 Jun 20 #512688 by Mummy83
Topic started by Mummy83
Hi I'm trying to fill out Form A as my husband will not even talk about finances, his threat was that he will do nothing until I've wasted all my money trying. I have a lawyer but I I'm trying to keep my costs down. My main need is to sort out the house. He lives in the house and I fled last February from Domestic Abuse. I had been suffering PTSD and up until now not been able to approach the subject of the house, I just let him stay. My lawyer said an occupation order is likely to be unsuccessful given the time away even though I was suffering. She has told me to purse through financial proceedings. I want to finalise this divorce and have a means to re-house me and my daughter who is 4.

I don't understand Form A at all I'm afraid and just hoped someone could talk it through.

11Year marriage
one daughter who is 4
I have a Nisi
We have a house (joint mortgage and deeds)
Small savings
He has a small pension around £15,000, I don't
One child he pays around £160, minimal through CMS as he didn't want to pay
Currently he has no contact as of December

Ideally I would like to go back with some sort of Mesher Order or Trust. I don't know how likely that will be but its the best outcome from our daughter. If it means getting away from him I will settle for selling. I don't want any spousal maintenance. I just want to move forward to give me and my daughter stability.

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
02 Jun 20 #512689 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
You can find a guide to completing Form A here - Form A

  • Mummy83
  • Mummy83's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
02 Jun 20 #512691 by Mummy83
Reply from Mummy83
Thank you. I have read through that this morning and I still don’t understand all the ticks boxes.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11