A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Selecting an expert for house valuation

  • solvethis84
  • solvethis84's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
19 Jun 20 - 19 Jun 20 #512909 by solvethis84
Topic started by solvethis84
Approaching Final Hearing and ex has provided a list of 3 surveyors for me to select, as per court order.

What should I consider when making my decision? 2 of them have a similar price under £1,000 the other is a lot more so I may chose to rule it out on that basis.

None of them are local, so I'm concerned they won't have the in-depth knowledge of school catchment, commuting etc.

My anxiousness all stems from her persistence in undervaluing the house to suit her agenda. But on the other side, there is a degree of uncertainty in the market. The value this expert places on our property will be crucial in the proceedings, because at the value I expect it to reach there is a clear argument it should be sold so we can both be rehoused.

The next step in our order if we don't agree on an expert is to ask Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors to appoint one. Which may be a better option if it's not unreasonable to reject her 3 choices.
Last edit: 19 Jun 20 by solvethis84.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11