A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Penal Notice

  • Debbiecam
  • Debbiecam's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
23 Jun 20 #512957 by Debbiecam
Topic started by Debbiecam

My ex has failed to reply to my questionnaire, we both had directions from the court. I complied, when I contacted him to confirm he had posted his reply to me, he read the message and has chosen to ignore it.

I’m going to file a Penal notice, but am I the applicant or the petitioner?, I actually thought they both meanT the same, but seemingly not.

Sorry if I seem a bit dim..

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Jun 20 #512962 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
The divorce and the financial proceedings are separate applications.

This means that you can be a petitioner in the divorce proceedings and a respondent in the financial proceedings. Using all permutations you can be:

petitioner and applicant
petitioner and respondent
respondent and applicant
respondent and respondent

In relation to the financial proceedings if you applied to the court and paid £255 (or applied for fee remission) you are the applicant. If you received the other side's Form A and notice of first appointment you are the respondent.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11