A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Deducting deposit from sale

  • Flava876
  • Flava876's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
08 Jul 20 #513192 by Flava876
Topic started by Flava876
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

When buying the family home, I put down all the deposit and it was agreed that the house would be split 58.5%/41.5% in my favour to reflect the deposit. The other reason for this split is that she was found to be having inappropriate conversations with another man, she denied having an affair and I could not prove it.

Now we are going through a divorce, she is claiming the deposit should not be returned to me/the agreed split shouldn't be enforced and that the equity (including the deposit) should be split.

The TR1 title deeds reflect the 58.5%/41.5% and we went to a third party solicitor to get it attested, the solicitor wrote out a letter explaining the implications of the uneven split and my ex signed it but she claims she had no choice but to sign as she was desperate to move out of my parents' house.

Any help would be very much appreciated.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11