A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Transferring Shares?

  • GoodGuy69
  • GoodGuy69's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
01 Sep 20 #513950 by GoodGuy69
Topic started by GoodGuy69
First Post here:

Question about RSUs that have vested.

Award given in 2016 while married.

Shares incrementally vested yearly since then - fully vested July 2020

Divorce papers given to me Feb. 2018 and moved house April 2018.

I'm happy to give half of shares - but what is best way to do this? What is my ex entitled too? I 'thought' I could gift/transfer them without any capital gains - but am starting to believe that since we were living separately - I cannot? If so - Is there a workaround? Otherwise what is the best method to do this - figure out what the capital gains will be on selling half the shares? And find a reasonable way to handle this? Suggestions? Thanks!

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
06 Sep 20 #514014 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow

I think this is probably a question for an accountant. There have been recent changes in the rules surrounding proceeds of sale of the FMH and CGT. Not sure if this applies to shares also.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11